Privacy Statement of customweb
This Privacy Statement explains how customweb collects, uses and discloses (hereinafter referred to together as “processes”) personal user data (hereinafter “Personal Data”) of visitors to this website (hereinafter “User”), and the means by which this is done. The Privacy Statement also describes how customweb safeguards the confidentiality of the Personal Data processed.
The User agrees to customweb1 processing Personal Data in accordance with the Privacy Statement. Legal or contractual duties to maintain confidentiality to which customweb is subject in relation to the User's Personal Data are not affected by this Privacy Statement.
customweb may amend the Privacy Statement unilaterally at any time. The most recent version is published online by customweb.
Type of collected Personal Data
customweb processes Personal Data about the User if the latter
- visits websites of customweb,
- applies for or uses products or services offered by customweb online; this includes, in particular, registration for specific services or web content only accessible by means of a personal login and subscriptions to print media or online newsletters,
- obtains, installs and/or uses apps of customweb from the relevant app stores, or
- takes part in a competition.
In selected cases, Personal Data is processed if customweb records telephone calls with Users, whether this be to meet its own legal obligations or for training or quality assurance purposes.
Cookies particularly serve the following purposes:
- save the User's preferred language and country settings
- perform a statistical analysis of the number of users and of their usage habits
- improve the loading speed of the individual pages
The User can control cookie specifications via their browser settings. The relevant browser options and instructions on use can generally be found in the browser manual or help file. If the User rejects, blocks or deactivates cookies, this may restrict the availability of the services offered via the website. In addition, parts of the website may not work correctly under certain circumstances.
customweb analyses how its websites are used with the help of third-party analysis tools, such as Google Analytics (hereinafter «Analysis Service Providers»). customweb assumes no responsibility or liability for any data processed by Analysis Service Providers.
Detailed information on this can be found at
http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html (general information on Google Analytics and data protection).
Usage and protection of Personal Data
By processing Personal Data according to this Privacy Statement, customweb is able to improve the quality of its products and services.
Personal Data is processed for the following purposes in particular:
- technical management as well as research and further development of websites
- user administration and marketing
- user information on the services and products rendered by customweb, provided the User has given their consent for this
- selecting competition winners and awarding prizes
The User authorizes customweb to transmit Personal Data to employees, agents or other third parties within or outside the country where the User lives in order to provide services and for the purposes indicated above. Employees, agents and other third parties which have access to Personal Data are required by customweb to ensure compliance with all applicable data protection provisions. Any person who authorizes customweb to access their Personal Data as defined in this Privacy Statement will be made aware of the data security and data protection implications.
customweb protects Personal Data with appropriate physical, electronic and process-related security measures, such as firewalls, personal passwords, encoding and authentication technologies. Personal Data collected via a website owned by customweb will be encrypted during transmission using SSL Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, which currently provides the best-available security for data transfers.
customweb reserves the right to disclose Personal Data to regulatory and supervisory authorities, as well as, pursuant to this Privacy Statement, to Analysis Service Providers. In so doing, customweb will comply at all times with applicable regulations, laws, court orders or official requests.
Information on processed Personal Data
Persons whose Personal Data is processed within the scope of this Privacy Statement have the following rights:
- to receive information on whether customweb may save Personal Data and what form this Personal Data may take (which categories of data, recipients or categories of recipients, retention periods for Personal Data or criteria governing retention periods)
- to receive a copy of the Personal Data
- to request the rectification of Personal Data if it is incorrect
- to request the deletion of Personal Data
- to request restrictions on processing Personal Data
- to receive Personal Data in a structured, accessible and machine-readable format
- to submit an objection to processing, especially for the purpose of direct advertising
The rights specified above may be denied or restricted if the interests, rights and freedoms of third parties take precedence or if processing is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims of customweb. Queries in relation to processing Personal Data are to be directed to the Data Protection Officers of customweb:
The websites of customweb may contain hyperlinks to other websites which are not operated or monitored by customweb. Third-party websites are not subject to this Privacy Statement. customweb is not responsible for their content or how they handle Personal Data.
Social Media Buttons
Functions (plugins) of third-party providers or social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.) are embedded into the websites of customweb. These plugins enable the User to share content on the social networks mentioned. Once the User has activated the interfaces, data (incl. also Personal Data) is automatically transmitted to the relevant third-party providers by the plug-ins. If the User is simultaneously logged in to the network of the respective third-party provider when they visit the website, the third-party provider can assign the visit to the User's network account. customweb has no influence on this. The purpose and scope of such a form of data collection and the further processing and usage of Personal Data are outlined in the data protection guidelines of the individual social networks. Users can also obtain information there on rights and settings options in relation to protecting their privacy.
Right to withdraw consent in respect of data protection
Anyone affected by the processing of Personal Data can withdraw their consent to this effect at any time. This must be done in writing or by e-mail to the Data Protection Officer of customweb.
Last updated on: 17th May 2018